Re: Updated partial auth patch against CVS

Hi Corinna...

Here is the same patch, combined with Carsons patch. You can apply this
directly to 2.5.2p2. Please take a look at it for me. It gives the user the
ability to provide partial authentication with CygWin. In particular, with
it users can have an authentication sequence like:

publickey (if the server uid matches the logon uid) and
publickey followed by password (if the server uid is different from the
logon uid)

this gives the security advantage of publickey authentication against
password cracking, and gets a password to the server to make windows happy.
And, the above example allows special administrative tasks to avoid
passwords (for that one special user id in your life).

If anyone else wants to give it a try, let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,

...Karl