RE: g++ book recomendation

I've not read that particular book.... but Deitel and Dietel are usual
very agnostic - not orientated to any particular os/compiler.

This is _usually_ true for most comp sci reference books - they have to
be generic. (Unless you look at specific topics, like the design of the
Mach microkernel research papers).

Rob