receiving signals while blocked

Good Morning,

I was wondering if anyone has seen anything similiar to this.
We have two processes which are communicating via signals
(SIGUSR1), these processes routinely block and unblock signals
by using sigprocmask with SIG_BLOCK and SIG_UNBLOCK.  After
running for various lengths of time we see our signal handler
called while the signal was supposedly blocked.   Currently,
we are running on a multi-processor (4 Xeon Processors) under
Windows2000.   The problem seems to happen more frequently if
you run more than one copy of the test concurrently.

We're currently running our test on a single processor WindowsNT
4.0 system, and have yet to see the problem.  Has anybody seen
anything similiar to this.

Thanks,
--Craig