Re: Execute "strace" on an executable in GNU make?

A spurious environment variable value might cause such a problem.
Check the value of SHELL in particular.  You might try whittling down
your environment to a bare minimum -- perhaps just PATH and HOME -- as
a quick check.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370