Re: Strange PATH behavior with 1.3.1

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 03:03:27PM -0700, Karr, David wrote:
>I'd like to get some strace output.  I really would.  Running my script
>with "strace -o strace.out -f <scriptname>" leaves me with an
>"strace.out" file of zero size.  It seems to not do anything when run
>on a script.

Don't run it on scriptname.  strace is a mingw program (for hopefully
obvious reasons).  It can't execute shell scripts.  You have to run it
on the shell which is unable to find the scriptname.  You indicated that
scriptname ran correctly when invoked by hand so I don't see that any
useful information would come about from running it via strace, even if
it did work.

If you really want to execute a script, the way to do it is:

strace -owqwer sh script

or, in your case:

strace -owqwere sh -c "script"

cgf