Re: cygwin programs: realloc() segfault with library v1.3.1

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 09:21:33AM -0700, Thunder from the hill wrote:
>I hate this mailer! I think I should better use another one.
>
>Again, this is the failing source code. Whenever realloc() is used in
>sendfile(), the MicroHTTPD segfaults.

I'm sorry but this test case is way too complicated to debug.

The only advice I can give is that it is unlikely that there is a problem
with realloc.  SIGSEGVs are usually an indication of some sort of memory
corruption like overrunning a 20 byte array with 24 bytes of info.

realloc SIGSEGVs can come about as a result of attempts to realloc a block
that was not malloced or at least not malloced using a malloc that is
associated with realloc.

If you can pare this down into twenty lines or so, then maybe someone would
be willing to take a look at it.  I don't think that anyone has the time
to attempt to debug a program of this size, however.

Sorry.
cgf