X-less Ghostscript (was bug report sscanf)

Norman Vine wrote

> This also seems to solve the PDF problems people were seeing
> with my ghostscript port and the current Cygwin release

What Norman was referring to is my attempt to build an X-less
version of ghostscript following the instructions and patches on
his web site. I had sent him personal mail reporting that the
resulting gs.exe works to convert some ps files to pdf but not others.
He was able to reproduce the problem I was having using the
resulting gs.exe built using the latest cygwin 1.3.1-1
but he couldn't figure out the cause (until he saw the fix
for *scanf() functions).

That being the case, once this fix is in the official cygwin1.dll,
I'll be able to contribute an X-less ghostscript.

Thanks,

--Kevin Wright