Re: Perl/Tk with patches no long compiles with CygWin v1.3.1

During the initial build of perl itself, perl copies some information
(from the gcc specs file?) into its Config.pm. file.  I *think* that
once Eric Fifer rebuilds perl-5.6.1 using the current gcc, the new
Config.pm file will have the right stuff in it.  However, he's still
working on fixing the annoying text mode problems that cropped up in the
current cygwin-perl package; that thorny problem is delaying any new
release of perl for cygwin(*). AFAIK.

(*) no, it's not a simple "link with binmode/textmode/automode" issue.
Perl probably has more sticky issues with IO than any shell, and look--
we're still discussing exactly how ash should deal with text-mode IO.

--Chuck