RE: Perl/Tk with patches no long compiles with CygWin v1.3.1

This is a known problem as the updated w32api has been moved out of /usr/lib
and /usr/include and placed   into respective w32api subdirectories.

Chris has reposted updated releases of gcc and binutils to compensate.
However there still appears to be some instances where this path doesn't get
searched. So again as dual compensation I would suggest making an alteration
to Config.pm in your perl installation and change the line:

libpth='/usr/local/lib /usr/lib /lib'
libpth='/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/w32api /usr/lib /lib'

In the current perl distribution for cygwin, Config.pm is located at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/cygwin.

This should ensure that all perl generated makefiles are searching this
directory by default. There is and should be no reason to submit any
additional changes to the existing patch for the  Tk800.022 distribution.

Your gcc and binutils should be the following versions, which may or may not
be available on all mirrors  yet.

gcc 2.95.3-4
binutils 20010425-1

See the Reference in the archives

Neil

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.  If
you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.   The contents
of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.