From: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
steve.snyder@philips.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 6:42 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Request to package maintainers

Hello.

I would like to make a request of Cygwin's package maintainers: please leave
the generated config.cache file in the source package.

I suggest this to aid in rebuilding from source packages.  As it is, those
who want to rebuild there own binaries have no idea what config options were
used in the standard cygwin build.  The user who wants to rebuild the source
with config option A may
be losing the options X, Y and Z used in the original cygwin build.

Thank you.