Re: permissions

Hi All...

I just tried chown and got the following result.

$ chown -R administrators.administrators /
chown: //bin: No such file or directory
chown: //cygwin.bat: No such file or directory
chown: //cygwin.ico: No such file or directory
chown: //etc: No such file or directory
chown: //home: No such file or directory
chown: //lib: No such file or directory
chown: //openssh-2.5.2p2: No such file or directory
chown: //sbin: No such file or directory
chown: //setup.log: No such file or directory
chown: //setup.log.full: No such file or directory
chown: //tmp: No such file or directory
chown: //usr: No such file or directory
chown: //var: No such file or directory

for now I did a

$ cd /

followed by

$ chown -R administrators.administrators .

which worked. I had the same problem with chmod. I am running the latest
released code (as of 07:30 PDT) on the mirrors. I have 'CYGWIN=tty ntsec'

Have I broken something, or is this a bash problem?

Thanks,

...Karl