Re: Re: compiled screen-3.9.8 but doesn'r run : °°(

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 10:24:43AM +0200, Patrick Ohnewein wrote:
>thx will check it out.
>
>A little critic, it's really difficult to find ported software for
>cygwin, most of the times the links are broken or old, ...
>I would like to see a sort of freshmeat only with the tar.gz of ported
>software on cygwin site.

A little criticism: If the best you can do is say "most of the times the
links are broken or old" and you never provide any *specific* feedback,
then the links will probably continue to be broken or old.

If you, or anyone notices a problem don't just sigh and shake your head
sadly, or pound your fist and kick the dog.  Report the problem here
so that we can rectify the problem.

I don't know why it is so very hard for people to realize that we need
details to correct problems.  Sure, I could now start testing all of
the ported software links individually.  Why should I have to duplicate
the effort that you've already gone to, though?

This is a volunteer effort.  You can contribute by providing specific
information whether it is for the web site or for the Cygwin packages.

cgf