RE: Linking Cygwin & MSVC objects / libraries using MSVC linker

lybcygwin.a is mainly an import lib for cygwin1.dll aka libm aka libc
aka lpthread aka I'm not shure howmanyotherlibraries.

> the MSVC linker for this (not ld) but am open to all ideas.
> When I tried
> to just flat out link (with MSVC linker) I got some errors
> from libcygwin.a
> stating it had undefined external references to data_start, data_end,
> bss_start, bss_end.  After reading through some of the mail
> archives for
> this list I decided to throw in some null char declarations for those
> references since I'm not using the fork functionality of
> libcygwin.  I get
> two warnings in the link, and the resulting exe crashes.
>
> The warnings are:
> libcygwin.a : warning multiple ".idata" sections found with different
> attributes.
>
> libcygwin.a : warning __fmode already defined in MSVCRT.LIB second
> definition ignored.
>
> When I list libcygwin.a BEFORE MSVCRT in my link command
> line, the second
> warning changes to:
>
> MSVCRT.LIB : warning _atexit already defined in libcygwin.a second
> definition ignored.
>
> Either way the the produced executable crashes with "The
> instruction at
> <address> referenced memory at <address>.  The memory could
> not be "read". "

AFAIK you cannot mix MSVCRT.LIB and libcygwin.a. They implement the same
functions. What do you need from cygwin?

Rob