Need simple way to obtain symbols via dlsym()

Hi,

I'm using dlopen(NULL,x) to get a handle on the executable I am
running.  This works fine.

I'm then using dlsym() to attempt to get at the symbols in the
executable.  This works, but returns NULL for all symbols I try to get.  I
think the problem is the following:

00807098 T _symbol_I_want

I think the 'T' needs to be a 'D' to enable dlsym() to find it?

I have been attempting to make this symbol take on a D by using different
methods, e.g. dlltool, ld and gcc options, but have had no luck.  Is there
a simple way to do this?

Ideally I would like to be able to do something like:

__export_this int symbol_I_want(void) {}

And make it get exported in the declaration.  Otherwise a simple tool that
will work like this could be very very cool:

makedynamic -e '.*_I_want' wanted.o

Am I on the right/wrong track O'great ones?

Cheers

Mike