RE: emacs and cvs : ediff, merge, and ^M

Maybe I got lucky here.

I had a hunch that the ^M characters that I was seeing in the buffer
*ediff-fine-diff* were the cause of this problem. So, I started poking
around to see if I could see where this buffer was being populated and
started examining the method ediff-exec-process. Pretty quickly the
line
(coding-system-for-read 'no-conversion) caught my eye. Since I had
previously thought that the problem might be related to coding-system
effects, I commented this line out, evaluated the method, and tried
again, just to see what happened. Lo and behold, the problem went away,
i.e. ediff correctly identified the diffs as real instead of just a
difference in white space. I've tried a few more things and so far it
doesn't seem like I've broken anything.

So, Michael, what is the purpose of this line of code? Do you think
commenting it out will break something somewhere? Any alternative
suggestions? Thanks.

Joshua, BTW, the first thing that you will need to do is download and
install the latest version of ediff. Sorry, I can't remember where I
downloaded it from. And, also, many people will ignore html formatted
email - not sure exactly why.

Chuck