Upcoming changes in the console handler

Hi,

just FYI. I have added two features to the console handler code in
Cygwin. If you are living on the edge (using developer snapshots of
Cygwin) you get these features working by changing the cygwin
termcap entry or the cygwin terminfo file. For tcsh and vim it's
ok just to change termcap.

- Insert mode.

  Tcsh users know that the command line has become scrubby when
  trying to insert characters.

  I have added the following control codes to the console:

  "enter_insert_mode", termcap entry "im", terminfo entry "smir".
  The escape sequence is

  	ESC [ 4 h

  "exit_insert_mode", termcap entry "ei", terminfo entry "rmir".
  The escape sequence is

  	ESC [ 4 l

- Save/restore console.

  Vim users which also use vim on other OSes know that vim saves
  the screen on startup and restores the screen on exit. For that
  purpose it uses the "enter_ca_mode", "exit_ca_mode" capabilities
  of a terminal. I have added two console codes to save and restore
  the screen content:

  Save console:		ESC [ ? 47 h
  Restore console:	ESC [ ? 47 l

  This allows creating the following termcap/terminfo entries
  which are used by vim and which can simply get stolen by the
  xterm entry:

  "enter_ca_mode", termcap entry "ti", terminfo entry "smcup".
  The escape sequence is:

  	ESC 7 ESC [ ? 47 h

  "exit_ca_mode", termcap entry "te", terminfo entry "rmcup".
  The escape sequence is:

  	ESC [ 2 J ESC [ ? 47 h ESC 8

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.