Re: updatedb

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 04:52:53PM -0700, John.Velman@HSC.com wrote:
> I recently completely re-installed cygwin from
> scratch since my installation had become
> corrupted somehow.  I have locate, but no
> updatedb.
>
> ?

My feelings exactly.

You can download the find-utils source package from a CygWin mirror,
compile and install it, and then you'll have updatedb.

However I would prefer slocate.  Case-insensitive searches are a must on
Windows, and regexp searches are also a (very) nice bonus.

Unfortunately slocate-2.5 doesn't build OOTB.  I've made it work and
mailed my changes to slocate maintainer a couple of weeks ago, but so
far received no reply.

Marius Gedminas
--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.