Re: Why Extra spacing in pager after re-compiling Mutt under Cygwin/NT4

At 11:46 AM 4/4/2001, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> > I downloaded, extracted and compiled "mutt-1.2.5i.tar.gz", but now the pager is
> > displaying messages with an extra newline.
>
>Mutt writes the contents of the message into a temporary file for use
>by the pager. You might be able to solve the problem by adding a 'b'
>to the mode string of the appropriate call to fopen.
>
>However, if there is a simple way of making Cygwin behave just like
>Unix in all cases, without changing Mutt, that might be preferable.

This can be controlled through mount points by setting them as binary but
using this to solve portability problems is discouraged.  If mutt needs the
temporary file created to be binary, then the suggested change to the mode
is what's recommended.  No one can assume that users are going to set
their mount points as binary (or any other global work-around for that
matter).