Bash and international characters..

When I press дце on my swedish keyboard, cygwin bash only beeps, doing
so in my linux bash works fine.. I seem to recall something like

set meta-flag on
set input-meta on
set convert-meta off
set output-meta on

in the inputrc-file, for stuff like this..

And hmm ls on my drive (sambamounted from linux) gives me ? instead of
д.. hmm where do I need to poke to get this working??

        /Andy