Re: Disk Defragmentation removes mounts!!

Hello,

It sounds more like some busy-body Windows "maintenance" software saw
something it didn't like (the Registry entries that encode the current
Cygwin mounts) and "fixed" it for you. Does your de-fragmenting software do
anything besides file system integrity / consistency checking before it
de-fragments? Norton's Macintosh utilities will foul up a Office '98
install. I have to reject quite a few of the registry repairs the latest
Norton software repeatedly offers to apply for me on my Win 2K Pro system.

Not meaning to presume that this happened to you, but I recommend not
letting any of these system fixers apply their repairs, especially registry
repairs, without your examination and approval of each one.

Randall Schulz
Teknowledge Corp.
Palo Alto, CA USA