mini-announce: lynx 2.8.3r1 binaries

Hiya All

I think previous threads revealed that one set of the lynx binaries (lynx
2.8.2r1 at http://www.workspot.net/~varshar/lynx-2.8.2r1.tar.gz)  linked
from the cygwin website had two problems:

1) The TERMINFO var had to be set explicitly, as the binaries were expecting
them to be elsewhere

2) The binaries also expected cp to be in somehwhere other than /usr/bin or
/bin

I've recompiled lynx on my machine (worked almost OOTB ;-) ) but I thought
I'd put them up on the web just incase anyone else wanted them. I've placed
them at  http://www.netnexus.uklinux.net/downloads/lynx2.8.3r1.tar.gz

The three files need to be manually moved to the relevant locations (see the
README). The binaries were compiled without any special options to
./configure.

If someone can verify they work on a machine other than my own, the existing
link on the cygwin website could be replaced.

I also wouldn't mind doing a proper cygwin package for lynx (ie. one people
can see with setup.exe) *if* it isn't too hard, and someone can point me in
the right direction.

Hope the binaries are of use to someone

Sagar

Sagar R. Shah                 www: http://www.netnexus.co.uk/
Room Z5                       map: http://thor.cam.ac.uk/~srs29/sidmap.jpg
Sidney Sussex College         ICQ: 34249234
Cambridge, CB2 3HU