Re: Does win2000 come with SSH daemon ?

Bret Jordan wrote:

> What I have found out about sftpd and things that I have found it won't
> work with out are:
>
> 1) You must use bash/sh in the passwd file

I do, on both the client machine and the server machine.

> 2) You must have a primary mount "/"

I do, on both machines '/' is a system mount (D:\cygwin on client,
F:\cygwin on server)

> 3) And then the other sshd based config options.  Note: after you set the
> "act as os" and the other two rights you must re-boot your computer.

I am running sshd as Administrator on the server, and have added the
following rights to that account:

  "Act as part of the operating system"
  "Replace process level token"
  "Increase quotas"
  and if used via service manager
  "Logon as a service".

Note that I CAN ssh to the server successfully.  I just can't use sftp
to the server; the sftp-server process crashes when exec'ed by sshd on
the server.

--Chuck