Re: tcsh Win2000: command line editing does not work

>>> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:15:08 +0100
>>> Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com> said:

> Sure. It's a known problem. It only happens in a console window, not
> in xterm or other tty/pty connections.

Tcsh uses the insert mode in the terminal capability.  Cygwin
console doesn't support it, nonetheless the termcap database
tells it supports the insert mode. Therefore this problem can be
solved by modifying the database as the following.

cygwin:\
	:xn@:op=\E[39;49m:Km=\E[M:im=:ei=:tc=linux:

> Patches (probably to the Cygwin console code) welcome.

I believe it is hard to implement the insert mode in the Cygwin DLL.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology