Re: Does win2000 come with SSH daemon ?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > (I didn't type in my passphrases because I know the server on belgarion
> > will only accept password auth.  I don't know why my client is asking
> > for them).  sshd_config from the *server* machine and ssh_config from
> > the *client* machine are attached.
>
> Hmm, I'm clueless. ssh shouldn't ask for the passphrases and it
> doesn't on my box if I set RSAAuthentication to no.

The *servers* sshd_config has RSAAuthentication set to no.  However, the
*clients* ssh_config has RSAAuthentication set to yes (because I do
connect to Linux/Solaris sshd's from this client box).  It does seem odd
that the client would attempt to get my RSA/DSA key *before* asking the
server if the server will even accept RSA/DSA auth...

> > A debug trace of the server during the attempted sftp connection.  I
> > don't understand the "Bad RSA1 key file /etc/ssh_host_[rsa|dsa]_key."
> > messages -- those are RSA2 and/or DSA keys...unless that's the point...
>
> That messages are ok. ssh has to identify the type of the key in
> the key files since there's no hint if a key is RSA1, RSA or DSA.
> The debug message above only states that sshd couldn't identify
> the key as RSA1 key so it tries if it's a RSA or DSA key.

Thanks -- that solves one minor mystery....leaving a much larger one:
still no working sftp-server (for me).  Server running on NT4sp6, latest
cygwin updates.  Client W2Ksp1.

--Chuck