Re: teTeX binaries

                       ^

>      ^^^^^^^^
> As I see it (without understanding cygwin:() that's where the problem is.

You are right !
I do not like the space in `Program Files':
Can you try to remove this space ?
Since the second line
  /data/jochen/texmf/web2c:
sounds good,
I suggest to do:
in your Cygwin root dir create a new folder <win>
  mkdir /<win>
and mount it to `C:\Program Files'
  mount -b "C:\Program Files" /<win>
and then updates your links