RE: console app on German Win9* - '^' character, etc

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Heribert Dahms wrote:

>you know that, on a german keyboard, you need
>to type a space after a deadkey like ^ or ~ or ` ?
>However I can only speak for NT,
>I could avoid W9x/W2k so far...

I am told it can also
be simply AltGr+^ combination, that is used by people who
have to type '^' often.

I'm afraid it might be due to an incorrect interaction between the
keyboard driver and Cygwin console in this case, that simply ignores some
of the keys (this is an impression I got from looking at the Cygwin
source).