1.1.8: Problems with cvs 1.11

Hi,
I'm running cygwin under W2k.

I have got the following problem with cvs.

I checked out the module src from my server with the following command.
  cvs -d :pserver:user@server:/somewhere/cvsrep checkout -P -d
"src\main" src

The trick is that I moved the files of the module to a lower level, main
in this example.

Now I want to update the module. Using the cvs command which commes with
wincvs
1.2 the following command works just fine.

    "d:\programs\gnu\wincvs 1.2\cvs" -d
:pserver:user@server:/somewhere/cvsrep update -P src/main/tud

Where tud is the upperlevel directory of module src.

When I do the same with the cvs which comes with cygwin I get a message
telling me that the directory
can't be found on the cvs server.

  cvs server: Updating src/main/tud
  : Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefundens/pigroups/praktika/ws00/cktest/cvsrep/src/tud
  cvs server: skipping directory src/main/tud

The second line of the message is german and says that the file or
directory couldn't be found.

Does anyone now this problem and or a solution??

Thanks Thomas