Re: Problem with OpenSSH 2.5.1p2 - cygwin version. Wrong passwd authentication

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:00:42 -0500, you wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 04:21:33PM +0100, RoMaN SoFt / LLFB !! wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm having trouble with getting openssh to run on nt4. I've installed
>>it and have it running as a service. It is listening on port 22, as
>>expected. But when I connect to it (I use SecureCRT) I always get a
>>wrong password error. I'm attaching my sshd config and /etc/passwd. If
>>you need some more info, please ask.
>>
>> I'm trying to login with 'Administrador' account and "guest_sshd"
>>account with no success. Currently I have the service running as
>>guest_sshd (I activated "act as part of os" and "replace a process
>>level token" policies for that user).
>>
>> What am I missing? I'm desperated!
>>Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Check out the documentation in /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh* .  You don't
>seem to have enough privileges set on your sshd.

 This is very strange. Now it works but the behaviour showed doesn't
convince me. I've changed the service to run as system instead of
guest_sshd. Now i can ssh-connect to guest_sshd account BUT with a
strange (&awful) behaviour:
- if I launch SecureCRT with guest_sshd user and no passwd, then
SecureCRT prompts me for the passwd, then I type it and I got in ->
Ok.
- if I launch SecureCRT with guest_sshd user and no passwd, then
SecureCRT prompts me for the passwd, then I retype user (guest_sshd)
and passwd. Now my access is denied -> :-??

 No mispelling is done. The user&passwd info is typed carefully. It's
no fault of SecureCRT too (because I repeated the tests on Unix
Systems and they worked nice).

 Any idea?