Stand-alone shell?

Cygwin Guru,
	I am looking for a stand-alone interpreter that will allow me to run
some simple housekeeping scripts on a M$ platform.  Cost is a concern and an
interactive setup is an issue.  If the Perl2exe utility were cheaper, this
would be my solution (It allows me to just drop the converted Perl script
and a DLL onto the windows box and happiness is experienced by all.)
Installing the full Perl dist. is not an option.  wscript/cscript do not
give enough functionality--thanks to uncle Billy.  I realize that your
product may not fit within my requirements, but I'm asking (just in case.)
Can I utilize your sh or bash shells and a few utilities without installing
the full Cygwin dist. (preferrably just drop a few files to specific
locations on the filesystem)?  If not, are you aware of a stand-alone
interpreter that gives relatively powerful funtionality (filesystem I/O,
ext. shell calls, etc.) for little to no cost?

Any response is appreciated.

Thank you,

Rick Brady