Re: setup.exe ==> source directory mess (?)

Today, DJ Delorie wrote:
> The correct way to build cygwin is from the top:
>
> mkdir /oss/bld
> cd /oss/bld
> /oss/src/configure   (this is the directory that has winsup, newlib, libiberty, etc sources)

this is effectively what I did. based on the chang you made to
my path you must have assumed that the cygwin in there was the
same cygwin that came from the cvs image... it isn't. The path
to install.cc for example is
/oss/src/cygwin/src/winsup/cinstall/install.cc

/oss/src/cygwin is where I did the cvs co to begin with
(last october) and the cvs update -Pd yesterday. So when
I ran /oss/src/cygwin/src/configure I was running the script
you suggest. It did not configure libiberty in /oss/bld/cygwin.

(sorry about the confusion, but /oss/src has a couple dozen
different projects' sources in it, and /oss/bld has just as many
build trees - if not more.)

--
now the forces of openness have a powerful and
  unexpected new ally - http://ibm.com/linux