Re: different behaviour of bash and sh

* Andrej Borsenkow
| So what? The question is, if the exibited behaviour of *sh* is
| correct; the question was not "if sh is bash".

Earnie wanted to point out that my report was inappropriate at the
bash-bug mailinglist (which I had included since on my Linux systems
/bin/sh is a link to /bin/bash, so I just assumed the two being
identical on Cygwin too, which is not the case end of long sentence)

| IMHO that is a bug in sh (or ash if you insist). The 'echo $?' is
| the next command executed after 'false' - so , there is nothing that
| can change the value of '$?' in between.

For completeness sake: On my SUSE 7.1 System, `ash', `sh' and `bash'
all echo `1', so I think this is really a problem in the cygwin port
of `ash' which gets installed as /bin/sh.

I just had a quick glance at the ash source, but I'm in for the
weekend now, so no patches :-)

R'