Re: Heap init problems

Hello,

I believe my DLL was mis-linked.  I got the makefile from a colleague of
mine and did not see some things that were overriding some changes of
mine.  Sorry I did not see this before sending out to the group.

I found that everything links clean with -mno-cygwin passed on all C++ and
C compile lines.  At DLL link time I had to add a couple flags to the
dllwrap command line:

--output-def$(DLLNAME).def --add-stdcall-alias --driver-name g++ -mwindows
--target=i386-mingw32

I also added -mno-cygwin to the LD_FLAGS passed to the linker.

I removed the extraneous library definitions at the end of the link line.
These are all found automatically.

Some of my attempts at getting this to work were done prior to upgrading to
the cygwin DLL 1.1.8 release.  It looks like the mingw code is getting
cleaned up in the installation and that a lot of the MINGW_EXTRA
examples/requirements are not valid any longer.

This does not fully explain why this problem is/was intermittent.

-jak

Jak Mang
510.543.5160
510.836.4195