Heap init problems

Hello,

I'm having some problems loading DLLs with JNI code in to the JavaSoft VM.

When the DLL loads, I get the fatal error:

c:\jdk1.2.2\bin\java.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap
(0x1A0200
00) in child, cygheap, Win32 error 487

I have hunted the net an found only very old references to this error.

This is somewhat intermittent and might be related to the size of the DLL
or some unknown sections of the DLL.  I have recently upgraded to the 1.1.8
DLL and I thought it was fixed, but I was wrong.  I have tried to follow
some rather old examples on JNI with cygwin and/or mingw32
(http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/) They seem to give
some different directions than the "How to Build DLLs" sections on the
Cygwin Site.  I'm not entirely sure that I have linked everything properly,
though I get no errors.

The basic link line looks like:

/bin/dllwrap --output-defNDll.def --add-stdcall-alias --driver-name /bin/g++
  -o c:/work/h20//bin/win32_x86/NDll.dll \
             win32_x86/NDll.o -g -Wl,-e,__cygwin_noncygwin_dll_entry@12
c:/work/h20/lib/win32_x86/libx.a -L/lib/mingw -lmoldname -luser32 -lwsock32
-lmsvcrt -lmingw32

Are there any tools to see what the different memory requests are doing?
Is this a linker configuration problem, a bug in the cygwin runtime, an
incompatibility between MSVC linked JVM and a Cygwin DLL or what?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-jak

Jak Mang