Re: Is it not possible, please confirm

Patric, Andy,

TeraTerm will scroll a line at a time up or down without perturbing
anything else or sending any characters when you use CTRL-up-arrow or
-down-arrow, resp. It also lets you use bit 8 for META and associate this
with the PC keyboard ALT key. Likewise for page scrolling using
CTRL-Page-Up and -Down.

TeraTerm is my favorite terminal emulator. It works with Telnet and Serial
(COM) ports and offers lots of control. Here's the "features" called out on
the content page of the online help:

Serial port connections.
TCP/IP (telnet) connections.
VT100 emulation and selected VT200/300 emulation.
TEK4010 emulation.
File transfer protocols (Kermit, XMODEM, ZMODEM, B-PLUS and Quick-VAN).
Scripts using the "Tera Term Language".
Japanese and Russian character sets.

It's freeware, by the way. Check it out:
<http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html>.

Anticipating some questions, there are SSH extensions for TeraTerm
available, but I know nothing about them. They show up in abundance in a
general Web searche on "TeraTerm," though.

RandyS