RE: NT Problems

Tony,

BASH only writes its history when it's exiting, not after each command is
executed.

In fact, you can inhibit BASH's history saving by clicking the close box of
a window running BASH. I'm only hypothesizing from the empirical facts, but
I suspect doing this terminates BASH in an abortive manner that prevents it
from writing its .bash_history file.

Randall Schulz
Teknowledge Corp.
Palo Alto, CA USA