Re: What's such a big deal about MSVC

AFAIK CRT routines mainly.

IIRC The gtk+ stuff is ported _deliberately_ to the win32 Graphics
interface. (No X calls). GTK+ compiles very cleanly with -mno-win32 :]

Remember that cygwin has come a very long way in the last 12 months (not
that it was bad before), with better i/o support, many more packages,
the setup.exe and so on. I suspect that porters are more likely to
choose cygwin now than they were...

Now back to the topic :]

Chris - you've created another catch phrase...

David, have you tried compiled ctk+/win32 with cygwin (with -mwin32 to
get the right graphics routines) ? Have you got a list of what cygwin is
missing and what it does?

Autoconf won't work (IIRC the porter hasn't set it up as he builds on
MSVC). but there is are MSVC makefiles and the like which can be used to
create standard Makefiles.

BTW: I have tried, but some time ago, and with the goal of X graphics
calls not win32 graphics calls, so I can't offer all that much advice
(except to say that it worked :])

Rob