OT: PostgreSQL Sources (was RE: Need help in updating my packages)

"Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried@heintze.com> schrieb am 01.03.01:
> Jens,
>   I have a question: where do you download PostgreSQL. I don't see it on
> http://cygwin.com/.
>          Thanks,
>                Siegfried

I found the sources via the mirror list on the PostgreSQL web site (www.postgresql.org). There is an excellent mirror in Germany, http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de where you can not only find the stable versions but also the betas. (By the way, they mirror the cygwin stuff, too). I had some trouble unless I got the readline libraries from the GNU Project (if I remember correctly they can also be found on that server). You will need the CygIPC libraries if you want to compile that stuff under Cygwin, those can be found on http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/cygipc/

But, as you can see from my original posting, you need to patch some of the stuff mentioned above to get it running under Windows 2000 / NT with Cygwin. If somebody knows more precisely what to do _PLEASE_ share your knowledge ;-)

Yours,
Jens

--
Visit me at:    www.jensgreven.de