Re: fpTeX and Cygwin

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 01:48:35AM -0800, Lothan wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, I know. However, I have a dream (yes, really). What if Cygwin
will become a distribution as big and filled with useful stuff as a
Linux distro? Wouldn't that be nice? You know, it's no problem to
compile tcsh for Cygwin. But as long as it wasn't part of the standard
distro many people ask for it and many people are not able to compile
their own stuff just as I have no clue of, say, Powerpoint.

<whining>
The Cygwin "team" consists of only two and a half persons, Chris, me and
a half DJ. We are definitely unable to provide such a big distro _and_
care for all the packages in it. We are dependent of contributors.
Please help us to get a really nice and useful Cygwin distro.
</whining>

By the way I want to thank all contributors. What, for example, would
we do without Chucks ncurses or Michaels vim package, just to name two
here?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.