Re: Windows Resource Files and DLLs

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 09:23:08PM -0500, Norman Vine wrote:
>I have managed with a fair bit of 'coercion' to build a working
>wxPython 2.2.5 DLL for Cygwin.
>
>One of the stumbling blocks I still have in coming up with a suitable
>install script is that I apparently need to link the wxWindows resource
>file with the Python.exe stub in order for it to be 'seen' by Python
>scripts.
>
>IMO this is not an ideal solution.
>
>I would like to keep the resource file in the DLL
>
>Is there an equivalent for a DLLEXPORT for windows resources in a
>compiled .rc file ??

This seems like a reasonable thing to want to do...  which probably
means that it isn't possible in Windows.

Have you looked at Microsoft's MSDN site to see if there is any
discussion of "Microsoft standard" way of doing this?  That might give a
hint about how to do this with GNU tools.  I thought I had done this at
a previous job but, I just checked, and I can't seem to locate the
appropriate Makefiles to verify if this was just a faulty memory or not.

Normally, I'd also suggest checking deja.com but that's been sort of
crippled since google.com took it over.

cgf