Re: 1.1.8: Mutt can't spawn editor or shell

Thanks a lot, mutt works now! BTW, if sh was
required for the syscall then how come vim
was able to perform shell commands without
problems? Is this specific to mutt?

Manoj

[Reproducing Corrina's response below, sorry for not
quoting, I'm not subscribed to cygwin@cygwin.com]

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 01:16:54AM -0800, Manoj Plakal
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently installed Cygwin 1.1.8 on my Win98 box
and
> I've been having problems with Mutt. It runs fine
> mostly
> but it fails to launch an external editor or run
> shell commands (using the `!' key). It doesn't
produce
> any error messages, it just seems to skip the edit
or
> shell-command step as if it couldn't spawn a
process. No problem here but... > Found:
N:\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe
> Found: N:\Cygwin\bin\cat.exe
> Not Found: cpp (good!)
> Found: N:\Cygwin\bin\find.exe
> Found: c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\find.exe
> Warning: N:\Cygwin\bin\find.exe hides
> c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\find.exe
> Not Found: gcc
> Not Found: gdb
> Not Found: ld
> Found: N:\Cygwin\bin\ls.exe
> Not Found: make
> Not Found: sh
             ^^
     that's probably the problem. Install the `ash'
package using `setup' which will install /bin/sh.
It's needed to perform the system(3) call. Corinna --
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails
regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer
mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.