Re: Installing mc.

At 04:42 PM 2/23/2001, W. W. Koepsel wrote:
>I downloaded mc from your site and have been attempting to install it
>using RPM. I keep getting the message that it requires ncurses. I have a
>symbolic link  in /bin however this does not seem to help. I have tried
>to find the information in the book Maximum RPM however it does not seem
>to cover this kind of thing. Any suggestions? I am installing or trying
>to using cygwin on a pentimum 166 running win98.
>W. W. Koepsel

ncurses is a package.  You either have it or you don't.  Creating symbolic
links will have no affect if its absent and will be of dubious value even if
it is present.

The cygwin site contains no RPMs of Cygwin software at this time. If you
have an RPM of some package that's supposed to work with Cygwin, check
with the owner of the site from which you got the RPM.  They will be better
equipped to help you.