Installing mc.

I downloaded mc from your site and have been attempting to install it
using RPM. I keep getting the message that it requires ncurses. I have a
symbolic link  in /bin however this does not seem to help. I have tried
to find the information in the book Maximum RPM however it does not seem
to cover this kind of thing. Any suggestions? I am installing or trying
to using cygwin on a pentimum 166 running win98.
W. W. Koepsel