From: Arcadio A. Sincero Jr. [mailto:asincero@arcadio.net]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 10:13 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: *** CygWin reporting wrong user ID on Win2K ***

Hello List,

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of CygWin onto my Win2k
Pro box and everytime I start up a bash shell it thinks I'm Administrator
even though I'm logged in as a regular user!  Both `whoami' and `id' report
me as being Administrator.  I am logged in as a domain user, but I have
verified that this happens for a local user as well.

I suspect that this isn't normal behavior so I'm wondering if anybody has
any clue as to what could be wrong?  Thanks in advance for any help on this!

- Arcadio