Re: Where is cygwin installed - automatic query

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Ok.  How about the CYGWINROOT environment variable set in
> postinstall.cc?

That should work since the only time CYGWINROOT would be set was if you
did an Install either from the internet or a local Directory.  The actual
Download option never asks for the root directory nor does it do the
postinstall (I believe :-) ).  Of course now the question pops up - if
you're not running Cygwin (which he probably would be - but) is
CYGWINROOT set and again on my Win95 machine it is not unless I have a
cygwin/bash window open.

Every time I go to look for the setup.log.full file when I am testing
changes, I stop again to think if maybe always putting it in the same
place would be a good idea??? Point to ponder!