Re: cygwin1.dll

At 12:24 PM 2/21/2001, Kirran.Bari@sf.frb.org wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm trying to run a program in Matlab for NT that was developed
>in its Unix version.  The person who wrote the program is
>unavailable.  The program stops short at a dialogue box that
>says it can't find cygwin1.dll.  Which file is this and where can I
>get it?

Go to www.cygwin.com and click on "Install Now".  If you really only
need/want Cygwin to run the program you have, you can select only the cygwin
package.  This will get you cygwin1.dll with a minimum of other files.
You need to put the directory with cygwin1.dll in your path for this to
all work generically in Windows.

Optionally, you can search your system to see if you have this file
already.  It may be that you have it but that its not in a location
that's in your path (or in the same place as the program you're running).