RE: Missing ls, mkdir and stuff

At 04:14 AM 2/19/2001, Stephen Patterson wrote:
>I'd have thought that ls, mkdir and a few other commands are so essential to the basic running of cygwin that they would be in some always-installed base package.

The base distribution is all packages.  If you install them all, you will
get all the tools you need.  If you're looking for some indication of what
is the minimal set of packages that you need to install for a particular
type of user ("regular user", "developer", etc), this doesn't exist yet.
So far, there haven't been any volunteers to provide this information or
enhance setup to do this (although Earnie Boyd had provided, within the last
few weeks, his cut at what he thought might be minimal installation).