libexpat library that only runs on one machine

Hi everyone,

I seem to be seing the darndest thing at the moment which is driving me
nuts.

I built the expat libraries for my computer, using expat-1.95.0 (other
revisions will not work) and work with it through other programs (in my case
mostly Perl [XML::Parser]).

Now, I'm using a Win2K box with all of the current cygwin packages loaded.
All this aside if I attempt in rebuild, copy, etc the expat libraries on any
other Win2K or NT4 machine (with the same current cygwin of course) I cannot
use the libraries.

I originally build this expat on my machine a while ago (i think i patched
something in one of the headers then) so I tried to rebuild on my machine
from the vanilla source. It rebuilds and works fine.

I didn't think there was anyhting special in the dependencies of this lib,
but I'm now stumped to what I am missing.

Has anyone had a similar experience or any pointers as to how I could seem
to have this unique computer setup that allows the use of this library to
work.