Re: It sounds like I'm bashing Cygwin, but I'm not...

>  Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:02:17 -0500
>  From: DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>
>
>  First, you'd have to write the book.  I've talked with people who have
>  published with O'Reilly - and O'Reilly doesn't write the book, they
>  help *you* write the book.  And if we got that far, we might as well
>  just put the book on the web.

My point was that if you plan from the start for the book to be
published, you would be more likely to find a volunteer to write it
because they'd be compensated.

I believe that there are O'Reilly books which are both printed and
given away for free on the Web.  Perhaps this could be one such book.

I guess when my company goes public, I make a mint on the IPO, and I
can afford to take a few months off, I'll submit a proposal to
O'Reilly and start writing :-).  I've always wanted to write a book.

  jik