using Cigwin as build-environment for CL.EXE

Hello everybody,
I've been playing around with Autoconf+ -make+ libtool thingi
for a while with the final target to get binaries using cl.exe.

On the Net, I found a project called coin (http://www.coin3d.org) doing
things as I imagined to do.
They have several M4-Macros for this stuff and a bash-wrapper-script
for cl.exe which works quite well.
Sadly, I need a Self-Hosting environment, and these guys use verry
recent versions of Autoconf + -make + Libtool, more recent than included
in the Distribution, so bootstrapping that thingi fails.

I was looking around searching how the existing Autoconf+ -make were
build, but didn't find it. So my Question is :

* Which comandline options did you suply the existing Autoconf-Configure

* Besides the Libtool-Mailinglist I didn't find any rumors about people
  using Cygwin+Libtool, what's the position about that?

* I didn't find Documents on How to build these tgz's and let Setup.exe
  install my own Packages
  (or should I just throw it all over the Place and am I just to
   debianized?)

my primary goals would be things like getting the New Apache
compiled by using configure+make instead of using this Mouse-moving-stuf
suplied by M$...

Tia, Willi