Re: file descriptors opened as text files

> I doubt that Larry is pretending.  Mount does, of course, control the
> behavior of any cygwin-compiled program.
Thats a thing I just can't understand.
I compile the program. Once compiled, it is supposed to work out of the
Cygwin system. Anyone can take it together with the dll and run it on a
plate-form where cygwin has never been installed, right ?
Then, there's no mount or anything like that. It's just the way Windows
(and/or the dll) handles the thing !

Definitely, there must be something in the whole process I don't
understand correctly. Does mount change something in Windows' registry
that any cygwin program can read and then change it's own behavior ?

--
       /~~       Jean "Khali" Delvare
  -----\_                        mail: delvare@ensicaen.ismra.fr